Rosemary Mustard Pork Chops

One of the hardest things for me is planning my dinners.  I sometimes do plan ahead, but that's pretty tough to do when spontaneity is still part of your "routine" :)  I mostly look up recipes the day of and go shopping right before dinner, which works out great except that I'm a flavor junkie, so marinating is almost always necessary when I'm making meat dishes (specifically thick cuts of meat like pork).  But then there are times I come across a recipe that blows my tastebuds away, like the one I tried yesterday.  Hope you enjoy this as much as I do if you decide to give it a shot!


Rosemary Mustard Pork Chops
Adapted from a recipe by Zesty Cook
Prep Time: 6-7 Minutes  |  Cooking Time: 10 minutes + 12 minutes baking time
Serves: 2

Ingredients:
  • 2 Pork Chops
  • 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
  • 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
  • 1/4 Cup Chicken Stock
  • 2 tsp Brown Sugar
  • 1 tsp Paprika
  • 1 Tbsp Rosemary, dried
  • 1 tsp Black Pepper
  • 1 tsp Salt
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350° and grease an 8x8 baking dish.
  2. In a small bowl whisk together- soy sauce, mustard, paprika, brown sugar and rosemary and set aside.
  3. Pat dry the pork chops with a paper towel and season with salt & pepper on each side.
  4. Heat a skillet on medium high heat for 1 minute.
  5. Add the pork chops to the pan and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side.
  6. Remove pork chops (leave the skillet on medium high heat) and place on top of the baking dish.
  7. Add the chicken stock and simmer for about 1 minute.
  8. Add the sauce mixture from step 2 and let thicken for 2 minutes.
  9. Turn the heat off and pour the sauce on top of the pork chops.
  10. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
  11. Remove from oven, baste with sauce in the dish and serve immediately with your choice of grain.
**TIP:  Serve with polenta, it takes under 10 minutes to make and goes amazingly well with the saucey pork chop!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.