Sweet Surprise!

So this is a bit embarrassing to admit but, I had never in my life tried Nutella before last week.  I know, it's pretty crazy... but for some reason I assumed it was some disgusting mish mosh of chocolate and peanut butter and jelly? Yeah... don't ask.  I make things up in my head all the time.  I recently decided to make something for dessert that was easy to transport (for a get together) and scoured through many recipes, per usual.  I came across one in particular that looked delicious and all the ingredients in it sounded drool-worthy.  While shopping for ingredients, I noticed one of the listed items was a jar of "Hazelnut & Cocoa spread" and when I came across it in the grocery store isle, to my shock it was a jar of Nutella!  I realized that I had spent MANY years under the wrong assumption.  Of course at that point I realized that I was about to embark upon a great (and well known by many) epiphany:- Nutella is a mindblowing delicious concoction!  Sigh... if only I had not wasted so many precious years under my crazy assumption.  Anyway, I'm SO glad I tried this recipe out and I'm sure anyone who tries this will enjoy it just as much as I did-


Chocolate-Hazelnut Turnovers

Ingredients:-
  • 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Roll dough
  • 1/4 cup Nutella
  • 1/2 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts
  • 1/2 pear chopped into small pieces (I used a Bosc pear)
  • 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon powdered sugar

Directions:-
  1. Heat oven to 375°F.
  2. Unroll dough; separate into 4 rectangles. Press perforations together to seal the dough together.
  3. In a bowl mix the chopped hazelnuts and chopped pear.
  4. Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon Nutella onto center of each square; spread to within 1/2 inch of edges.
  5. Spoon 1/8 pear mixture over hazelnut spread on each square.
  6. Fold corners over filling, forming triangles; press edges with fork to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Prick tops of each with fork. 
  7. Place in oven for about 12-15 minutes (until golden brown) and let cool for 5 minutes after it is taken out of the oven.
  8. Using a sieve or strainer, gently dust cocoa powder over the turnovers.  Using another strainer or after cleaning the same strainer, gently dust with powdered sugar.
  9. Serve either warm or at room temperature!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.